Thursday, July 24, 2014

We own our shoes

Salam.

I was just done talking to Nad (one of my dearest BFFs in UTM) over the phone. The conversation that lasted for 21mins was mostly about her current life. I called her right after I finished reading the latest entry on her blog. I was shocked, but somehow I didn't feel that shocked.

I guess it because of I kind of knew about it. Not that I knew the whole story from the beginning but I've once told her that this must be one of the reasons of why her life turned upside down like the way it is after the existence of that "witch" (though the word "witch" is kind of harsh, but it suits that woman from top to toe, inside and out). Oh, I pity Nad, I really do. I just can't imagine of how others would have been if they were in her shoes. She is such a strong lady (not a girl anymore), and trust me when I say she is like one knight in shining armor.

Whenever I myself is facing a problem, I will crash Lisa's head, literally, I guess. Lisa is my bestest BFF, and that makes her as the second person in the whole wide world who knows everything about me, I think. So being me, a 24/7 paranoid depending-to-others indecisive lady, I seriously thought that my problem that I am facing at that particular moment, is the biggest world problem and nobody else, NOBODY, would have gone and had the ability to go through it. And, I was wrong, every f**king time. Though I knew about it, but I can't get it over my hormones and out of my mind, still.

So, there was this one day, that I felt I am having a seriously bad bad bad relationship moment, so I told Lisa about it. And guess what did Lisa say? She said... 

"Awak cuba tengok Nad, dia lagi teruk dari awak, tapi dia takde pun meroyan macam awak ni."

Okay, I tweaked the sentence a little bit, but yeah that is the message that Lisa was trying to say. Then, what did I do? I closed my eyes, looked back, and inhaled and exhaled calmly. She's right! Though my problem looked serious, but there're other people who have problems that are 10 times more serious than what I encountered with. 

Same goes to poverty, wealthiness, sickness, healthiness and the list keeps going on and on and on. We might be facing with different problems and would be thinking that others won't understand us the way we want them to, just because they are not in our shoes. Nobody is going to be our dirty full-with-loopholes shoes, because those shoes are ours, we own them, so why would we let others wear them? Why would we?

We are all humans, we all wear shoes, or maybe high heels, sneakers or sandals or it could even be just a thin old slippers. Whatever it is, they belong to us. So cherish them while we can, suck up all the goodness that we can find in them. If they give us rainbows, we smile and if they give us heavy rains that are packaged with thunders and storms, then we can just smile back to them and say...

"I do not give a f**k. I own my mind, my hormones and myself. So get the f**k out of my life!".

Just kidding. Don't say that, please don't. :p

Stay beautiful, people!

2 comments:

nadiRASUL@iman said...

the best things to do whenever we encounter trials and turbulence are sabar and solat. that's the key! meroyan pun boleh tapi xkan bagi selesai apa2 kan ;) i'm thankful ada kawan2 yang care enough to share problems and support one another! thanks pika for always be one of the best mate!

Shafika Misbah said...

@nadiRASUL@iman baru baca nanad haha. tulaa, memang jawapan bagi setiap benda yang tak best jadi dalam hidup kita adalah sabar and solat. Whenever we feel bad or sad, zikrullah helps a lot I tell you. haha Tengah serabut serabut, pi solat sunat masyaAllah, tenang terus jadi. Thank you jugak nanad uchuk acham, sebab jadi one of my best mate!