Friday, April 15, 2016

Humanity in us


Hi D,

Yesterday was big. It was huge. For me. For my inner self. For us human beings. For all.

I lost a card holder of mine in which I put my identity card, driving license, medical card and also an amount of money (more than RM200 if you are wondering how much). I accidentally dropped it nearby the place I went for an ice cream treat last Tuesday night. Even though all those important stuffs I lost out of my own carelessness, however I did not feel panic. I did not feel terribly sad nor do I feel extreme measure of regret. Yes, it was my silly mistake. Yes, I was careless. No, I did not think that everything that had happened was intensely bad. 

At that night, I was calm. I was at peace. Even when I was fully aware that I just lost extremely important things. I was confident that everything that happen has a reason behind it. I believe that Allah has arranged everything for us beautifully, be it bad or good. We just have to have faith in Him. And that was exactly what I had in my mind all night. I had this feeling that my cards were not missing and will be in my possession back no matter what, it's just a matter of time. So I went to sleep with no worries at all.

The next morning I woke up, I did not carry any negative thoughts nor bad feelings. Only that I figured that I must have at least a few knowledge on what to do next when you lost your id card and driving license. So I googled. It says that anyone who lost their id card needs to pay an amount of money as "penalty" fee -- RM100 for first case, RM300 for second case and RM1,000 for second case (Yes, I know. I know what you think. You can just keep that to yourself. Thank you). As this is the second time I lost my id card, I would simply have to pay RM300 at one shot. Fuhh. That is a lot. For me at least. Right from that moment, I started to feel slightly panic and to bathe in a tub of sadness. 

All I did on that day was just laying down in a sorrow bed. I did not have even a bit of happy mood. However, Allah is the Almighty, He holds our body, mind and soul. Alhamdulillah, I was at ease that day, yes a little bit of unhappy but still at a manageable level. I went back to the places I went to the night I lost the cards, hoping that I could find them back. I tried searching for the cards at nearby areas, inside the drain, at garbage dumpsters etc. I even asked people around if they found it. No one found it. Then I went to work as usual, but with a pinch of depression.

I made a police report for the lost after office hours. I had come to a redha state. I knew that I had lost the money and was about to lose more for the penalty fee. But I feel like "It's okay Shafika. It's okay.". So I got home and went to sleep without  any melancholic feelings. The next morning, I woke up with a messenger text on my phone from my old friend. Opened up the app and saw the text from my friend and as well as one message request from a stranger. She's asking if the cards are mine and if I've lost all the stuffs. Replied back to her approving all what she said and telling her that I will come and collect the cards from her. We decided to meet at night (which is last night) at her convenient place. 


So I went to meet her last night. Accompanied by my brother, the lady and I met up and she passed the cards back to me. In one piece. Everything was still in its original place, untouched. Including the money. Alhamdulillah. Then I asked her how she found the card and she said it was not her who found the cards but it was a Nepalese/Myanmar guy (she was not too sure). I was shocked. I was speechlessly stunned. My brother was too. 

Humanity still exists. Respect does too. Random kindness, pure heart and unselfishness are still in us. In all of us. In everyone. No matter what skin colour we have, what beliefs we hold, which country we come from. We all still believe in doing good to others.

And that, my friend, is humanity.


No comments: